With over 30 years of experience, Marriott Construction is recognized as the industry leader in the commercial concrete/masonry business in Southeastern Wisconsin. We are a member of an affiliated group of successful construction-related companies. Our clients continuously depend on us to build concrete/masonry superstructures due to our reputation for quality, efficiency, and on-time delivery.
The masonry laborer supports the masons and are responsible for transporting materials to the work area and scaffold where the masons are working. They mix and transport grout, cut bricks as needed for corners, arches and complex patterns, and perform other duties as directed by their foreman. In order to be successful, laborers must have a strong work ethic and be very quality minded.
Minimum Skills Required
- Masonry experience is a plus, will train the right candidate with the right experience
- Strong math skills
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- Must be able to safely & proficiently use all hand tools of the trade
- Ability to perform high quality work at a fast pace
- Ability to perform physically demanding and repetitive work
- Must be willing and able to work long hours & weekends
- Must be safety oriented at all times
- Strong work ethic (dependable, excellent attendance, trustworthy)
- Ability to work well with others
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and transportation to and from work can not be an issue
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen